Unit 2 Animals
Our new reading unit, Animals, is well under way and we are enjoying learning about baby animals and the different food they eat. If you check out our Concept/Question board you will see pictures of the children's favorite animals! If you have any relevant pictures, questions, and comments for our Animals Concept/Question board please send them in!
Next week we will discuss what animals eat in Munch, Crunch. As we read these non-fiction selections the children are practicing their decoding skills and using various comprehension strategies.
* reviewing the sound/spellings for the letters Pp, Ii, Nn, Ll
* exploring the sound/spellings for the letters Dd, Oo, Bb
* segmentation and blending of sounds
* reading short vowel words by blending sounds of letters we've studied ( ex. Pat, bat, nip)
* practicing reading sight words fluently
* reviewing adjectives and using them in sentences
* ending punctuation for different sentence types (declarative, interrogative, exclamatory)
* monitoring and classifying
* identifying main idea and details
* generating different types of sentences (telling, asking, exclaiming)
This week's spelling words are: there, use, an, each, which, she, do, how, their, if
Please remember we test the children orally every Friday, we ask that you continue to review words at home along with the spelling homework packet!