Unit 4 Our Neighborhood at Work
This week we continue with our unit, Our Neighborhood at Work. We'll study an informational selection in our Big Book called "Firefighters". Don't forget to send in pictures, etc. for our new Concept/Question Board.
This week we will explore the sound/spellings for two long vowels:
* long Ii spelled Ii and i_e (ex: kind, like)
* long Aa spelled Aa and a_e (ex: acorn, cape)
* /s/ spelled s, ce, ci (ex: runs, ice, city)
* Please continue to practice reading the decodables that go home weekly, it does make a difference!
* review end punctuation
* review correct use of capitals
* review nouns, verbs, and adjectives
* practice visualizing, summarizing
* identifying and creating complete sentences
This week's spelling words are: no new words, we will review past words
Please remember we test the children orally every Friday, we ask that you continue to review words at home along with the spelling homework packet!